VMware Virtualization by Industry
VMware Virtualization Solutions, Increase IT Efficiency and Virtual Management
Help your academic institution remain on technology’s leading edge with programs and initiatives that make it easy to bring virtualization technology to campus. VMware offers rich global education and research programs to educate faculty and students, as well as powerful virtualization solutions to simplify datacenter operations, cut costs and increase productivity in the campus datacenter.
- Empower your staff to educate students about virtualization technology.
- Provide educational opportunities for faculty, staff and students.
- Provision new labs quickly and reduce downtime.
- Create a greener datacenter to conserve power and reduce costs.
- Test, develop and deploy new applications across campus quickly and affordably.
VMware delivers powerful, proven virtual infrastructure solutions that enable government agencies and military installations to increase the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of their IT operations.
Through the power of VMware software and virtualization solutions, governments can now centrally manage their computing, storage and network environments while:
- Increasing server utilization, performance and system uptime
- Reducing cost and complexity of delivering enterprise class services
- Lowering the risk and platform costs of rolling out new applications
VMware Solutions for Federal Government
Today, governments face many new challenges. Presidential directives, legislation and government mandates are driving new initiatives such as remote PC access (teleworkers), COOP planning, IT consolidation and disaster recovery planning. Used by over 1,000 government customers, VMware virtualization solutions help address these critical IT issues, including:
- Server Consolidation — Bring unmanageable server sprawl under control by using virtualization to run multiple workloads on fewer servers and to reduce future needs for physical servers.
- Test and Development — Transform the software lifecycle by using virtualization to reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve quality in development and test.
- Business Continuity — Reduce downtime by making high availability and disaster recovery solutions more cost effective, simpler, and more reliable.
- Desktop Manageability and Security — Improve manageability and security of enterprise desktops to lower cost, reduce risk, and improve flexibility of desktop infrastructure.
State and Local Government
Virtualization helps state and local governments efficiently deal with the increasing demand for IT services while reducing infrastructure and energy operating costs. It also transforms state and local government agencies into dynamic and agile computing environments where greater efficiency translates directly into improved operations.
As a healthcare IT professional, you face many of the same challenges as your colleagues in other industries: trying to reduce costs while improving service levels and tightening security while increasing flexibility. You also have unique challenges around compliance, quality of care, efficiency and moving to new modernization initiatives such as digitized patient records. Virtualization transforms healthcare IT into a dynamic and agile computing environment where greater efficiency translates directly into better patient care. Virtualization can help you:
- Improve efficiency and quality of patient care with mobile desktops
- Maintain compliance with privacy and information regulations without inhibiting caregivers mobility or productivity
- Improve continuity of care by providing a highly available and resilient computing environment with simplified disaster recovery and business continuity
- Accelerate the migration and adoption of an Electronic Health Records or Electronic Medical Records system (EHR/EMR)
Portable and Secure Access to Patient Data
Give caregivers immediately accessible, centrally managed virtual desktops that follow them from room to room or floor to floor with VMware View, the industry leading universal desktop solution.
Unify your discrete hardware resources to create a shared dynamic platform, while delivering built–in availability, security and scalability to applications with VMware vSphere, a virtual datacenter operating system.
- Reduce Healthcare IT costs and improve flexibility with server consolidation and desktop centralization
- Provide continuity of care by decreasing downtime and improve reliability with business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Keep patient data and information secure and protected in the datacenter and deliver desktops as a service.
- Improve caregiver flexibility and mobility with a desktop that can be accessed anywhere, anytime using multiple devices.
- Increase energy efficiency by running fewer servers and dynamically powering down unused servers with our green IT solutions
Enterprises looking for ways to expand their on-premise infrastructure to add capacity on demand, as well as SMBs or workgroups wanting a fully outsourced infrastructure, are investigating cloud computing. Many of today’s solutions have issues like proprietary application platforms that require redevelopment time to function off-premise, inability to move to another provider if SLAs aren’t met, and long lead times to move or set up new environments. Introducing VMware vCloud, the only cloud solution built on the reliability and advanced technology of VMware products and its robust partnerships.
VMware Service Provider Partner Program
VMware vCloud initiative delivers a set of cloud computing services across a common platform, which supports the largest set of existing applications and carries the distinctive mobility features only available from VMware. As part of the vCloud initiative, VMware has established the VMware Service Provider Program (VSPP), a framework that allows Service and Hosting Providers to consume VMware virtualization solutions in a way that aligns with their business model. This creates new opportunities for Providers to offer virtualization enabled solutions, applications and services for their customers and sets the foundation for greater profitability and success.